An editorial by Calvin Moore, Deputy Communications Director for the Congressional Leadership Fund
In an interview with Your Central Valley this weekend, TJ admitted – on camera… to a reporter – that his shady business dealings are “absolutely going to be the centerstone” of his 2020 re-election.
While we’re happy to celebrate that TJ has finally moved on from “denial” to “acceptance” in the 5 stages of grieving that his poor choices are totally sinking his re-election chances, voters are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. As a reminder, here are the 397,496 ways Shady TJ has gotten himself in trouble recently…
- Refusing to pay his taxes
- Conflicts of interests over his ties to a foreign mining company
- Discriminating against disabled children
- Shady financial practices
- Having his non-profit shut down by the California AG
- Ethics complaints about lying on his personal financial disclosure
- Getting evicted from one of his businesses
And honestly, I probably forgot to include a few.
“TJ Cox is absolutely right: his countless ethical problems are going to be the ‘centerstone’ of why voters send him packing in 2020.”