In February and March, Kaweah Delta Community Outreach in collaboration with Health Net, will offer an ongoing series of free diabetes classes in Visalia.
The series is free and registration is now open by calling 559-624-2415.
The free six-week diabetes education class will take place from 10am to 11:30am on Tuesdays at the Health Net Community Solutions Center located at 2121 N. Dinuba Blvd. Ste. E, Visalia. Classes will be taught by Candy Silva, a Community Health Worker and member of the Kaweah Delta Community Outreach Department. The class schedule is as follows:
- January 30: Session 1 – Understanding Diabetes
- February 6: Session 2 – Nutrition for People With Diabetes
- February 13: Session 2 – Nutrition for People With Diabetes Continued
- February 20: Session 3 – Medications and Physical Activity
- February 27: Session 4 – Staying Well With Diabetes
- March 6: Session 5 – Managing Stress, Depression and Diabetes