The 7th annual Madera Pomegranate Festival takes place Saturday, November 4 from 10am – 5pm at the Madera District Fairgrounds.
The unique, vibrant and fun event brings in visitors from all over the world to experience
the best of the Central Valley’s local pomegranate and nut products. The event is organized
by the Madera Tourism Alliance, of the Madera Chamber of Commerce. Admission and
parking are free.
The festival features a full day of delicious pomegranate food and nuts, live entertainment,
cooking demonstrations from local chefs, educational briefings on pomegranates, arts &
crafts, and fun for the whole family.
“On behalf of the Madera Chamber, I would like to invite everyone to come out and join us
for this fun-filled event, it’s a great outing for the entire family, ” Debi Bray, President/CEO,
stated. “The Tourism Alliance Committee and Chamber staff are working hard to bring yet
another great event to our community this year.”
This year, the Central Valley’s hottest band, the Marie Wilson Band, will perform the latest
chart-topping hits and non-stop classics throughout the decades.
- Festival highlights include:
- NEW this year is the fire truck pull organized by the Madera County Probation
Department: Eight-person teams from area law enforcement agencies each take
turns pulling a rope…on the other end is a fully equipped fire truck. Teams must pull
the fire truck 40 feet to the finish line in a designated time. Proceeds benefit Special
Olympics Northern California.
- Pomegranate and Nut Inspired Foods and Products to taste and purchase. Learn about the flavors of Pomegranates and Local Nuts such as almonds, pistachios, and walnuts through live cooking demonstrations.
- Kid Zone that includes art lessons, activities and games, children’s stage, educational information about local agriculture and interactive displays featuring law enforcement.
- Live music entertainment
- Classic Car Show
- 100 plus vendors and exhibitors featuring pomegranate and nut products as well as a variety of other items.
The momentum is building and exciting things are falling into place for this year’s
Pomegranate Festival. The annual event celebrates what Madera does best! Agriculture is
Madera’s #1 industry and the event takes place during November which is National
Pomegranate Month. Co-Chairs; David Huff and Nicki Rincon, encourage everyone to come
out and join the fun.
To learn more about the festival, visit www.PomegranateFestival.com or
www.Facebook.com/PomegranateFestival, or call the Madera Chamber of Commerce at (559) 679-3563.