North Visalia has been known for poverty, crime, drugs and gang violence but this neighborhood is changing and hope is spreading. Parents at Houston School are joining together to make life better for their children. They are creating Houston Neighborhood park- a safe place where families can exercise, play, and be together. You can join them and together we can change the future of North Visalia.
Houston Elementary School is located in an older, under-resourced neighborhood in Visalia with no parks within walking distance. Visalia Uniﬁed School District has agreed to open the school ﬁeld to the public as a park and continue to maintain the property. A partnership of school parents, school staﬀ, Neighborhood Church, Visalia Uniﬁed School District, and Pro-Youth HEART are working together to change this ﬁeld into a fun neighborhood park. They have planted 38 trees, spread landscaping bark and collected over $76,000 through fundraisers, donations and in-kind gifts but there is still more to do. Another $200,000 is needed to install a walking path, picnic area and playground. Community organizations and businesses are invited to partner in this eﬀort to revitalize our community and invest in hope and a positive future for children. Various sponsorship levels are available.
- Platinum Partner Sponsorship ($10,000) will have their family name or company logo on the park entrance sign and a personalized plaque.
- Gold Partner Sponsorship ($5,000) will receive a table dedicated to their family or company in the picnic area and a personalized plaque.
- Silver Partner Sponsorship ($3,000) will receive a bench dedicated to their family or company in the park and a personalized plaque.
- Bronze Partner Sponsorship ($1,000) will receive a tree dedicated to their family or company in the park and a personalized plaque.
- Neighbor Partner Sponsorship ($100) will receive a plaque dedicated to their family or company on the park’s Donor Wall.