It’s all about South Valley children and their families when Kids’ Festival 2014 returns to the Visalia Convention Center from 9am to 4pm on Saturday, November 22nd. This year’s theme is “Science and Technology,” and the exhibitors of Kids’ Festival plan to uphold the tradition of engaging the children with things to do and see from start to finish.
Kids Festival 2014 highlights will include:
- The Riata Ranch Cowboy Girls, who have performed in 19 countries, on five different continents, from rodeo arena dirt to professional sporting arena turf. From Windsor Castle in England where they performed for Queen Elizabeth for her Diamond Jubilee Pageant celebrating her 60 years of service, to Montevideo, Uruguay, where the Riata Team appeared on behalf of the U.S. Embassy to promote professional rodeo and ranching lifestyles.
- Sierra Performing Arts, a group of dedicated performers, will showcase their talent.
- Kids Edition, which features a wide range of dance programs for children, will appear on the main stage.
- American Traveling Carnival will offer rides for children and adults inside the main exhibit hall and on the convention center patio at the entrance to the show. Back by popular demand are the Kids’ Festival Fun House, Children’s Cars, and the Apple Ride.
- Dance Arts, which features ballet, tap, jazz, hip-hop and gymnastics for children age 3 through adult, will perform.
- SCICON will present all kinds of interesting things to see and touch.
- U.S. Army Corp of Engineers, which last year brought their mascot, “Bobber,” and their sleek, twin engine 25-foot boat and trailer that they use at Lake Kaweah.
- Farley’s Elite Tae Kwon Do will put on a demonstration.
- Character Counts!, a nationwide initiative which embraces six core values common to a democratic society that allows teachers, parents and community members to build and develop character in youth.
- ImagineU Children’s Museum will present a children’s booth display.
The Title Sponsor is the Tulare County Office of Education, Presenting Sponsor is Food 4 Less of Visalia and the Big Screen Sponsor is McDonalds Restaurants of Visalia. Event sponsors include: Visalia Unified School District, The Visalia Times-Delta and Tulare Advance-Register, Educational Employees Credit Union, California Highway Patrol, Riata Ranch International, Promise FM, Spirit 88.9.
Special guests include ImagineU Children’s Museum, Sequoia Council of the Boy Scouts of America. Educational participants are Golden West High School Marketing Department, Burton School District Science Department and Redwood High School Science Department.
Free to children under 12 and a special student rate of $3 for students up to 17, Kids’ Festival will be held in the Main Exhibit Hall of the Visalia Convention Center, as well as in the patio and the exhibition hall lobbies. Adult admission is $7, with discount coupons available through the event’s major sponsors.