“Once Upon a Future,” the 2014 Exeter Fall Festival, will continue many popular traditions from the past 101 years – games, contests, arts and crafts, food and entertainment.
This year’s Exeter Fall Festival highlights include:
- October 1-31 – Exeter Scarecrow Contest. The Exeter Chamber of Commerce has announced that “Scarecrows are returning to Exeter” and will be on display at participating businesses all month.
- Monday, October 6, at 6pm – Miss Exeter Coronation & Dinner at the Faith Tabernacle Family Center. Miss Exeter is a personal development and scholarship program open to high school juniors and seniors. Candidates are judged on community and school service, academics, poise and personality, and the sale of raffle tickets as a fundraiser. The candidates will answer impromptu questions and model in a fashion show. Advance tickets ($20) are required and available at the chamber office.
- Wednesday, October 8, from 4:30-7pm – Pumpkin Carving Contest and Family Fun Night at Pine and E Street. The City of Exeter Community Services sponsors the contest with Miss Exeter candidates serving as judges. Immediately after, games and activities geared to children from 4-15 are set up throughout the downtown area by businesses. Unlimited game passes are $3 per child. Included in the games are ring toss, face painting, apple bobbing, petting zoo, etc. Every child wins a small prize.
- Thursday, October 9, from 5-6:30pm – Exeter Chamber of Commerce Mixer hosted by Exeter branch of the Bank of the Sierra will honor Miss Exeter and Court. The event is free and the public is encouraged to attend.
- Friday, October 10, at 6pm – Lip Sync Contest sponsored by the City of Exeter Community Services Department at Exeter City Park. For information, call 592-5262.
- Saturday, October 11 – 5K Run and Pancake Breakfast at Exeter City Park at 7am. Fall Festival Parade starts at 10am in the park with live entertainment all day featuring Run4Cover from 11:30am to 1:30pm under the gazebo. There will be arts and crafts, games, pet adoptions, petting zoo, live reptile show and food. The 8th Annual Car & Bike Show, from 11am to 3pm, will feature custom vehicles, classic cars, hot rods and bikes on E Street between Chestnut and Pine.
For more information, call the Exeter Chamber at 592-2919.