The Sequoia Natural History Association is hosting a busy schedule of activities this month at Wuksachi Lodge in Sequoia National Park. Upcoming events include:
- Wildlife Wednesdays – 10am on August 13, 20 & 27: Join a Sequoia naturalist for a 45-minute wildlife-spotting clinic.
- Wonders of the Night Sky – 9pm on August 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27 & 29: Explore the beauty and wonder of the park’s protected sky. Bring warm layers and a flashlight.
- Voices of the Past – 6pm daily: Travel back in time with a Sequoia naturalist to see the park through a living history character.
- Family Campfire – 7:30pm on August 9, 16, 23 & 30: Hear stories of behind the scenes of our National Park. Dress warmly. S’more fixings encouraged.
- Flashlight Hike – 9pm on August 7, 14, 21 & 28: Meet a naturalist to explore the nocturnal world of Sequoia Park. Bring warm layers and a flashlight.
- Owl Prowl – 7:30pm on August 9 & 23: Listen for owls while learning about their natural history at an idyllic meadow setting.
- Family Birding Walk – 9am on August 16: Learn to identify common birds of the Sierra Nevada.
- Full Moon on Moro Rock – 7:30pm on August 8: Listen to cultural and science stories about Earth’s natural satellite. Bring warm layers and a flashlight.
For more information, visit www.sequoiahistory.org.