Nomination papers for offices to be voted on in the November 4th General Election will be available through Friday, August 8, in the Elections Division, Government Plaza, 5951 S. Mooney Blvd., Visalia.
The offices for which nomination papers are available include:
- City councils in Dinuba, Exeter, Farmersville, Lindsay, Tulare and Woodlake.
- Unified school districts in Alpaugh, Cutler-Orosi, Dinuba, Farmersville, Porterville and Woodlake.
- Elementary school districts: Allensworth, Alta Vista, Buena Vista, Burton, Citrus South Tule, Ducor, Earlimart, Hot Springs, Kings River Union, Liberty, Oak Valley Union, Outside Creek, Pixley, Pleasant View, Richgrove, Rockford, Saucelito, Sequoia Union, Springville Union, Strathmore, Sundale, Sunnyside, Terra Bella Union, Three Rivers Union, Tipton, Traver Joint Union, Tulare City, Waukena Joint Union and Woodville Union.
- Tulare County Board of Education.
- High school districts: Delano Joint Union – Kern, Hanford Joint Union – Kings, Kingsburg Joint Union – Fresno, and Tulare Joint Union.
- College districts: College of Sequoias, Kern Community College and State Center Community College.
- Kings River Conservation District.
- Community services districts in Alpaugh, Allensworth, Goshen and Tipton.
- Hospital districts: Alta Healthcare, Exeter Ambulance, Kaweah Delta Healthcare, Lindsay Local Hospital, North Kern-South Tulare Hospital, Sierra View Local Hospital and Tulare Local Healthcare.
- Memorial districts in Dinuba, Orosi, Porterville, Springville, Terra Bella, Tulare and Visalia.
- Public utility districts in Ivanhoe and Pixley.
Some of these offices require nomination signatures to be gathered during the nomination period, July 14 through August 8, 2014. Contact the elections office for further information.
Elections office hours are: 7:30am to 5:30pm Monday through Thursday, 8am to noon on Friday, and 8am to 5pm on Friday, August 8th.
For information regarding filing for an elective office, call 624-7300, or for information on nomination papers that have been filed, check the current candidate list at: www.tularecounty.ca.gov/registrarofvoters.