Street improvement projects have been underway since Monday at various locations in the City of Visalia, and completion is expected in August. Traffic control will be in place to direct motorists around the work areas.
Public impacts are expected to be minimal for concrete installation, which occurs from May 12-July 10, and electrical work from May 12-19. Grinding and asphalt overlay will be done from 6am to 2:30pm on the following days:
- Walnut Avenue, from Cottonwood to Linwood streets, and Akers Street, from Cambridge to Wagner avenues, June 19-26
- Giddings Street, from Walnut to Tulare avenues, July 1-3
- Court Street, from Tulare to Sequoia avenues, July 9-10
- Main Street, from Burke Street to Ben Maddox Way, July 15-16
- Demaree Street, from Hillsdale to Goshen avenues, July 23-25
- Hurley Avenue, from Atwood to Chinowth streets, July 30-31
Some concrete work (pedestrian ramps, curbs, gutter) will be done, along with the removal and replacement of some failed sections of paving in these areas. Access to homes or businesses will be maintained throughout the duration of the project.
Directly affected businesses and residents will be notified in advance of work being done by the contractor. Work schedule may be subject to change, and updates will be provided as needed.
For more information call the 24-hour project hotline at 994-4502.