First and foremost, everyone at the Tulare County Library misses our patrons and looks forward to serving you in person again. Remember though our buildings are closed our Library services are available online via www.tularecountylibrary.org, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Litsy.
The Library is developing plans to move toward modified operations. When the State’s Shelter in Place (SIP) order is lifted, Library operations will return in stages as limits on group size and social distancing is expected, as well as other safety measures. Most traditional Library programs and services will look different or have virtual offerings, hopefully returning to some traditional operations in the future.
The Library considers the safety of our patrons, staff, and program presenters first and foremost, so the Library is:
- Carefully considering when to begin in-person Library operations. The Library continues to weigh the potential risks and benefits as requirements are lifted.
- Creating plans to restore operations in phases and assessing the impact of the closures on programs and services and adjusting as necessary.
- Developing safety strategies upon re-opening with social distancing, limited group numbers, and implementing safety strategies to help prevent the transmission of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases.
Tulare County Branch Libraries are expected to return to full operations when information and direction is received by the State and County via the California Department of Public Health and Tulare County Public Health allow. This includes the following factors:
- The California shelter in place (SIP) order is fully lifted
- The directive to physically distance is removed
- Limits on group gatherings are lifted
At this time libraries are not part of the State’s stage 1 or 2 roadmap. Here is a link to the State’s plan https://covid19.ca.gov/roadmap/.
Thank you and stay safe,
Tulare County Library