This year’s Exeter Fall Festival will continue many fun traditions from the past 104 years – games, contests, arts & craft, food and entertainment that is guaranteed to be fun for the whole family.
- October 1 – 31st Exeter Scarecrow Contest. The Exeter Chamber of Commerce is excited to announce that Scarecrows are Returning to Exeter and will be on display for your viewing pleasure, at participating businesses for the entire month of October. Come to Exeter and vote for your favorite!
- Monday, Oct. 9th 6 p.m. Miss Exeter Coronation & Dinner at the Faith Tabernacle Family Center. Advance tickets required, $25 each available at the Chamber office.
- Miss Exeter is a personal development and scholarship program open to high school juniors and seniors. Candidates are judged on community & school service, academics, poise & personality and the sale of raffle tickets as a fundraiser. During this evening, the candidates answer impromptu questions and model in a fun fashion show. Each candidate is sponsored by a business or organization.
- Wednesday, Oct. 11th 4:30-7 p.m. Pumpkin carving contest and Family Fun Night. Location – Downtown Exeter, Pine and E St. The City of Exeter Community Services sponsors the pumpkin-carving contest; Miss Exeter candidates serve as judges. Immediately following the contest, games & activities geared to children from 4-15 are set up throughout the downtown area by businesses. Unlimited game passes $3 per child. Included in the games are ring toss, face painting, apple bobbing, petting zoo, etc. Every child wins a small prize.
- Thursday, Oct. 12th, 5:00-6:30 p.m. Exeter Chamber of Commerce Mixer hosted by Bank of the Sierra, Exeter branch, honoring Miss Exeter and Court. The mixer is free and the public is encouraged to attend.
- Friday, Oct. 13th, 6:00 p.m. Lip Sync Contest sponsored by the City of Exeter Community Services Department at Exeter City Park, Chestnut Ave. & E Street. For information call (559) 592-5262.
- Saturday, Oct. 14th, 7am – 4pm Exeter City Park and Downtown Exeter on E St.
- 7am – 5 K run, 2-mile walk and pancake breakfast.
- 9am -4pm – 1st Annual Antiques and Collectables Street Faire on North E St.
- 10am – Fall Festival parade followed by live entertainment in the park will be all day featuring the ultimate party band Run4Cover from 11:30am – 1:30pm., under the gazebo. There will also have arts & crafts, games, pet adoptions, petting zoo, live reptile show, food and fun for all.
- 11am – The 11th Annual Car & Bike Show will feature Custom Vehicles, Classic Cars, Hot Rods & Bikes (downtown Exeter on E Street between Chestnut & Pine Street).
For more information, contact the Exeter Chamber of Commerce, (559) 592-3710.